We can help you improve your non-destructive testing processes, and de-risk investment in new capabilities.
Non-destructive testing (NDT) covers a wide range of techniques to evaluate the structure and integrity of a component without damaging it. The Nuclear AMRC’s NDT capabilities are tailored to the requirements of the nuclear industry, with a focus on weld inspection and crack detection. We can use this expertise to identify the best technologies or approach for your NDT needs.
An NDT process study can add value if:
- You are looking to invest in NDT equipment, and want to reduce the risk of your capital purchases.
- You want to understand the latest NDT technologies.
- You want an independent assessment of the best NDT technology for your specific application and needs.
- We work with you to understand your NDT needs and business drivers, by reviewing drawings, visiting your site, inspecting your current equipment, and talking to your manufacturing and quality teams.
- We work with your team to understand the key criteria for our assessment, such as cost, accuracy or training needs.
- We review relevant emerging and off-the-shelf NDT technologies. We analyse the costs, benefits, risks and disadvantages of these technologies against your needs, and recommend the most suitable approach.
- We can organise demonstrations of the recommended technologies.
An NDT process study can help you:
- Reduce your investment risk through independent verification of technology.
- Better understand emerging and off-the-shelf NDT equipment.
- Ensure your business is meeting the needs of your client.
Find out more
Download the NDT process study flyer (pdf, 100kb) for more detail on our services and capabilities.
For an informal discussion about your NDT requirements, contact David Stoddart, head of simulation and verification.